New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

So disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Default So disappointed

This is my first toyota, my first camry, i bought 2010 camry se and compared to my 04 nissan maxima its a serious downgrade that i never expected.
Despite my camry being a 4cyl there's no comparison to to the v6 of a max, but where toyota is lacking is that they have relied so heavily on durability, which is good, that they have neglected everything else, for example, you would think the interior design of a 2010 camry se would be much more appealing instead having 3 huge space aged looking ***** for controls, the the quality of the material used for the interior, seats, seat back pockets, dash, everything, its plain to see inferior materials were used.

As for driving, there is a serious lag between gear changes when shifting up or down, gear take too long to change, for a sports edition and you can actually feel the drag between gear changes.

As for better mileage, compare to my maxima which had over 133000, which was a v6, on a full tank, i'm yet to see how my 2010 camry se, which only has just 29000 miles, performs better in gas usage.
Wind noise over 60 miles per hour is horrible.

I'll credit toyota for a really good body styling on 2010 camry se but thats about it.

So much for thinking i was upgrading from a nissan maxima.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Default Huh?

I am new to this forum but I have to ask, did you buy the car without looking at it??? Did you not drive it for some distance ie several miles at least? On suburban roads and freeways? You write like you were expecting something like BMW or Audi quality. Obviously, if you pay for economy class, you don't get business or 1st class. In Australia, we have a Toyota Camry which was renamed Aurion and is probably what you would have been happier with. Leather upholstery and lots of other good things but several thousand $s more expensive. Like I just posted in another thread, "Caveat Emptor" and "you get what you pay for".

Old 09-05-2011, 01:12 PM

I don't understand how you can compare a 4 cyl to a 6 cyl.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Default Comparison

I am not comparing engine sizes silly, I'm comparing a 2010 vehicle, which is the camry, to a 2004 maxima that has better interior design and an interior that's made with better quality materials