New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Is Toyoguard Protection Worth The Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Default Is Toyoguard Protection Worth The Cost?

I like the quiet ride of the 2010 Camry. Dealers are telling me that adding the Toyoguard Protection Group for $619.00 or Toyoguard Plus Protection Group for $699.00 really helps keep the car quiet and if you cannot get a stain out of upholstery then Toyota replaces stain area whether it be seat, carpet etc. for free if you have the Interior Fabric Protector. Anyone know if these options really help that much or are they more of a pricey gimmick?

My auto insurance covers towing and car rental, so I don't think Toyoguard Plus is needed. I thought Toyota warranty covered towing and car rental? Anybody have any firsthand experience?
Sorry, the post may go out of whack, since I am doing copy/paste.

Toyoguard Protection $619.00 includes: Exterior Paint Sealant, Toyo Guard Sealant Cleaner,Interior Fabric Protector,Undercoating/Sound Shield,Glass Etch Theft Deterrent

Toyoguard Plus Protection Group $699.00 includes:
Roadside Assistance Program,No Charge for First Oil and Filter Change at any Southeast Toyota Dealership,Vehicle VIN Etch Glass Product Protection Program,Exterior Paint Sealant, Undercoating and Interior Protection Application,Rental Car Assistance for Warranty Repairs

Old 09-21-2009, 06:25 PM

Toyoguard Plus Protection Group $699.00 includes:
Roadside Assistance Program,No Charge for First Oil and Filter Change at any Southeast Toyota Dealership,Vehicle VIN Etch Glass Product Protection Program,Exterior Paint Sealant, Undercoating and Interior Protection Application,Rental Car Assistance for Warranty Repairs
wow!with all that package for only $699! Is that available now in the market?Where can we buy it?

Old 09-22-2009, 01:24 AM

LOL... Well I figure most of it is BS but I was hoping that someone in the know can tell me if the car is still pretty quiet w/out the Undercoating/Sound Shield? I really noticed how quiet the Camry was during test drive compared to new Accord, but have not driven a Camry w/out the Toyoguard Protection @ $619.00
The dealer woulds not fib would they? :-) Seriously if anyone knows if the Undercoating/Sound Shield is a joke please let me know. I am new to Toyota. Don't een know what the Undercoating/Sound Shield is. A thin coat of paint or rubber like liquid?

Also, if undercoating does knock out 30% of road noise etc... doesn't someone else offer just undercoating for much less?

More googling and I found similar question asked in 2006. The reply>

XY40 $619 consists of:
1. Exterior Paint Sealant
2. Glass Etch Theft Deterrent
3. Interior Fabric Protector
4. Toyo Guard Sealant Cleaner
5. Undercoating/Sound Shield

I know many of you are stuck getting this, but it seems like the only value here is the $50 wax job and the $10 scotch guard. Personally I don't want the undercoating on a car that is undercoated from the factory already.

As far as etching if someone steals my car and does who knows what with it I would just as soon get a new one and hope they never find the old one.

Last edited by pixshooter; 09-22-2009 at 01:29 AM. Reason: edit
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 PM

dont waste your money on that
and anything they apply, you can prob find in a can at pepboys

Old 01-16-2015, 01:03 PM
Angry Toyoguard = rip off

I purchased (didn't really know I could say no) the Toyoguard Elite. Its mainly a southeast region program no one any where else has ever heard of it. I asked if I could still use the program when I moved to Washington state and I was reassured that there would be no problem. After I moved the Toyota dealership here wont let me use it and said I had to contact the dealership in GA (Jay auto now Rivertown in Columbus GA.) They never answer their phone or they transfer you 4 or 5 times because no one there understands how the program works they just sell it. Finally when you do get to someone who says they can help they take down all your information and then say they will call you back later that day, they never call back. I have dealt with this for the last 2 years having to essentially pay out of pocket for something I already paid for. All these problems and all I want is an oil change, think of how difficult it would be if you had any real problems with your car.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Read up on Toyoguard via the internet. It's not an official Toyota Corporation offering or product. That's why it's only only sold in the southwest (SW) and apparently only recognized in the SW.

Apparently it something added to cars once they arrive at the port of entry. The buyer may be able to stop this application before applied and thus avoid the charge.

It is basically a scam.