Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

What needs to be forged?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Default What needs to be forged?

EDIT: When putting on a high powered turbo, what parts need to be forged/ported and all that to make sure that i get the best out of the engine, and still have an engine at the end of the day?

Original Post:
i know tha without forged internals, thet3/t4 hybrid will blow all four of my pistons into the next county, but what about the ct26 off of the mr2's? Could a stock 5s-fe engine handle that. I know its less power, but i got raped by a contour this morning and it realy made me feel sick in side (although it did look like the svt version AND had some extra work done beyond that...so at least i was ahead until he shifted into second...God bless the 5s's high displacement and my broken exhaust system...yay for torque!) What do you think? In the end (in a couple years, or when i have to have the engine rebuilt) i'll get the pistons and valves and all that forged and put the t3/t4 on it, but in the mean time...

what do you guys think?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Default RE: What needs to be forged?

I'd say just get a 3s swap but I know all too well that costs too damn much .

Best way to find out is research, I've wondered the same thing. All I found was a tutorial on how to turbo the 5s, which like you said
required much more than the turbo itself.

So when you find anything out, lemme know

Old 09-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned
Default RE: What needs to be forged?

FAIL