Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

88 Camry

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Default 88 Camry

Hello... I'm not sure how to post a general question ..so i'm going to try this.
I have an 88 Camry that i purchased that has some sort of fluid leak under the dashboard possibly dripping from the steering column. Looks like dirty ( oil) but could be steering fluid or tranny fluid for that matter ?? I'm not sure. The source isn't apperant....can anyone tell me what fluids penetrate through the fire wall that might be dripping down. I notice there are a couple of hose penetrations about that height on the engine side of the fire wall...but i ' m not really sure what they might be ?? Any Ideas ??
thank
KCG

Old 06-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

The only fluids that enter the cabin are engine coolant for the heater and Freon for the air conditioner.

Feel and smell the fluid then compare it to the fluid in the radiator overflow coolant tank.

If a Freon leak the fluid would evaporate before it had a chance to drip.

The power steering system is located at the base of the steering column inside the engine compartment.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:28 PM

it might be the coolant from what i can tell...

Old 06-24-2010, 05:56 AM

Well i would like to suggest you to go and get your car checked by a good mechanic.He'll be able to say why such problem is occurring.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:00 PM

I think its a serious problem.Its better to take your car to the car showroom,they will definitely help you out.