PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Old 08-26-2015, 01:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

FS: 97 V6 LE supercharged (MD)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Default FS: 97 V6 LE supercharged (MD)

97 V6 LE, automatic, 181,000mi and runs great. bought it at 173,000mi about a year ago. gas millage with the supercharger is actually jsut about the same. obviously in boost it burns more gas but even with the fuel pump...out oif boost its still in the mid/high 20s to the gallon.

MODS

engine and exhaust:
- TRD supercharger @ 4psi (about 50K mi on the S/C and was serviced about 1000 miles) before i picked the car up. (dynoed at 200whp before fuel mods and with no tune)
- TRD (automatic tranny) electronic boost controller (not installed)
- SRI
- Jims fuel mod(not installed)
- 190lph fuel pump
- denso iridium plugs (prolly spelled it wrong)
- custom high flow y-pipe w/ O2 tuning bung
- 3" highflow cat
- 3" cat back w/ aftermarket resonator and 3" apexi WS muffler (sounds deep and agressive but loud at highrpms) (i also have a 3" magnaflow muffler which is much quieter that i can sell with the car for an extra 100 bucks.)
- never used apexi AFC NEO (not installed but can throw in for an extra $200)
- imperial tranny cooler (not installed)
- oil pressure, oil temp, narrow band air/fuel, and tranny temp gauges (not installed) (i also have a single gauge piller pod.
- TRD boost gauge
- Jims Torque Rod

suspension and brakes
- TRD strut bar
- whiteline rear sway bar
- Tein H-tech springs on KYB-GR2 shocks (8k miles on them)
- ericsol caliper relocation bracket (allows the use of 13.5" supra TT rotors with stock V6 camry calipers: good for high speed stops, fade and looks)

exterior
- TRD lip kit w/ TRD lip spoiler
- JDM gracia front bumper w/ JDM foglights (only a few in the US have this MOD)
- MB BOOST wheels 17" wrapped in Khumo Ecsta 712s (225/45/17s)
- clear corner lights and JDM style (may be JDM fenders, not sure) side signal markers
- debadged rear end cept for a supercharged emblem and TRD emblem
- 35% tint on rear windows
- 8000K HIDs

sound and interior
- xplode head unit w/ ipod compatible jack
- xplode 12" sub and 800w amp.
- infinity speakers all around
- custom auto shift **** with relocated O/D switch
- fake brushed aliminum trim kit
- indiglow reverse glow white face gauges

THE GOOD

as i said ive had the car for about 1 year and only added about 9K miles to her. she runs great, no problems with the tranny or engine. no leaks from the engine or tranny and the car has been well maintained. changed the oil ever 3k even while using synthetic(force of habit), and changed it recently as well. shifts are smooth and the power band is as well. it has been my daily driver ans never let me down.

i rarely used boost, mostly just for passing, merging and the occasional bit of fun. the suspension is nice, while the KYBs are not real stiff they are the perfect compliment for the Htech springs. firm yet comfortable. the body is in pertty good shape cept for the front bumper which is perfect since it was installed recently. the charger is a real pleasure on the engine. has never been tuned and the car runs great(will run even better with tuning).

THE BAD

i like being honest about the cars i sell so the buyer has as few surprises as possible.
without the tune the engine runs a little rich at low rpms and there is a slight fuel smell but its not a leak, ive looked into it many times and there are 0 leaks in the fuel system. however, Jim's fuel mod and the tune should take care of it completely. it also does not effect the cars drivability at all and makes sure the engine isnt running lean under boost which is most important.

the suspension need a little work, the pasenger side front strut mount needs replaced but i have one im throwing in. also the rear sway bar links need to be replaced (or possibly just tightened) which is causing a rattle from the back but im still lookin into it. the rear brakes squeek due to low pads which i also have and are throwing in.
there is a scrape and dent on the drivers side door, front and back. not real bad or noticable at least it wasnt for me but will need professional work to get it out, i was quoted $800 to replace the door skin and repaint. other then that the body just has the normal dings and chips expected out of 180K miles of use except of course the front bumper which is nice and shiny new.
inside there are a few carpet stains that despite my best efforts i havnt been able to get rid of. there is also a crack in the dash by the passenger vent. other then that its in good condition.

asking price is $5,500 which i think is very fair considering the KBB is $3,000, the supercharger goes for $2,500 and the other parts are worth a couple thousand. i am willing to take off $600 if the buyer doesnt want the TRD lip kit but i think its worth it.
you can contact me, Rob at 410 458 2335, bigrobbird@yahoo.com, PM me or rbcamino on AIM.

this forum whont handle my pic format so heres the origional post on toyotanation
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...55#post2455055