Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

2007 Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Default 2007 Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Well, I just threw some 18" Enkei EVO 6s on my SE, with 235/40 BF Goodrich tires. I originally tried 235/45 Kuhmos but the tires were just too big compared to teh wheels. Looks good now but there could obviously be improvement in reducing the fender gap. I looked at some of the major brands of suspension parts (Tein, JLC, Eibach, etc.) and saw that Eibach has Pro-kit springs out. Has anyone tried them and what are their impressions. I had them on my 2002 Nissan SE-R Spec V and they were alright, although ride quality definitely suffered. Just curious is all. I hope TRD comes out with some suspension upgrades for our cars. Doesn't look like it though, since there already aren't many Camry parts in their catalog.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Default RE: 2007 Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Well, I wrote Tein and they said there is a possibility that they may make adjustable suspension (springs and dampers) but nothing in the works yet. I learned my lesson from lowering springs before, and while the Eibachs are tempting, I decided to wait. I put the 235/45 18 Kuhmo SPTs back on to fill in the wheel well. The 40s look good, but make the car look raised...haha. If anyone tries out the Eibachs, please post.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:17 AM

I've used eibach on all of my cars and it is deff the best way to lower your 07's. Its not a drastic lowering but enough to give that stance. Only issue is that in about a year you will need to change shocks cause they will blow eventually. I was told that when TRD makes lowering springs they actually have eibach make them for them.....so they are eibach springs.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:04 AM

Do you happen to have a picture of your camry dropped with the Eibach lowering springs?I would really appreciate seeing that as I am considering getting the springs.
Thanks.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:29 AM

I haven't bought them yet. I'm getting some warranty work done on my left front suspension. They have to replace the strut due to some creaking noise it was making during slow turns. After I'm sure my suspension is good, I'll get the springs. Whenever that happens (hopefully soon) I'll try to put up some pics.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:21 PM

I'm closer to getting them now. They found the creaking to be my bumper, so now I just need to find some time to order the springs and get them installed. I have 18"s on my car now with 225/45 Tires (Falken FK452) and am eager to get rid of the ugly wheel gap that make the wheels look small from far away...haha.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:56 PM

I just ordered my springs today. There is a back order of a 1 - 2 weeks, so hopefully it won't be too long. Where can I post pics on here for those that are interested?

Old 09-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Not for nothing but, i can promise you the TRD springs are not made by eibach. There all made in house by toyota.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 AM

You may be right, but I do know that a lot of the parts put out by the performance divisions of manufacturers are not made by them. They're just tested by them. For example, my buddy's supercharger kit for his Matrix is definitely not made by TRD, even though it is TRD and was installed by the dealer. Likewise, NISMO, SPT (Subaru), and others get their exhausts, Cold Air Intakes, and other stuff made by other companies, test them for use on specific vehicles, and then have some other minor changes done to rebadge them as their own. Either way, I've had Eibach's before and liked them...good balance between ride quality and performance. They aren't for the track, but neither is the Camry...haha.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:54 PM

I just got done getting the springs installed. Just about the perfect ride height for me. They should settle a little bit more and I think that will be perfect. I'm running 18"s with 225/45 tires and the fender comes to the top of the tire in rear, and just a little less in front. Ride quality is firmer, obviously, but our cars have a soft enough suspension as it is, so it isn't a rock hard ride or uncomfortable by any means. I'll try to upload a picture in the near future in case anyone else is interested. It only took 2 hours for installation, by the way.

Quick Reply: 2007 Eibach Pro Kit Springs