Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

I have a question for you all,,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Default I have a question for you all,,,,,

Hi there, I'm new here. My name is Dora I have had my 2009 Camry XLE V6 for less than a week. The first thing I want/need to do is to put tires on it. I have searched a little here in the forum about tires and I have a question.

First, here is a quick back story. I Traded my 2008 Rav4 for this Camry. The Rav4 was never the vehicle I'd hoped it would be. The "biggest" problem, by far, was the road noise in the Rav4. The tires that were on it when I bought it were noisy. I put tires and wheels on it when I first got it and it was sooooo loud in the cab. I took them in and the dealer swapped them out for me. They have a 30 day buy and try program. The third set was Bridgestone Ecopia 422's. They were better, but the car was still much too loud for my taste. now keep in mind, this is road noise. Some surfaces are fairly quiet and some are awful. I drive 20 miles each way to work.

So now to my question,,,,I know,,,finally. I looked at the following tires and would like your opinions on them please. All in a P215/60R16.
Firestone Precision Touring
Bridgestone Turanza EL 400
Bridgestone Insignia SE 200
Bridgestone Ecopia EP422

OK, lets add,,,,
Michelin Primacy MXM4, heard great things
Bridgestone Turenza Serenity,,,,,,,,,

This is what the dealer recommends. Not so much the Insignia. He said it's a budget tire. What are your thoughts? Any other suggestions would be "much" appreciated.
Thanks so much in advance.

Last edited by doradeann; 02-27-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:49 PM

my camry had the mxm4 when i bought it. had no problems with them. thats my recommendation.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels has tire reviews and survey results. The Toyotanation website also has a Camry section, might ask there.

In the past looked for quiet tires, came to the conclusion road conditions can outweigh a tires noise rating. Hwys having a lot wear from tire chains, studded tire or heavy truck usage can be loud. Driving the same car in states with hwys in good condition where studs and chains were never used can be super quiet. The same tire but different road conditions.

The Camry may be more quiet as better sound proofing and more luxury design.