Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Issue with my camry

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Default Issue with my camry

I have a 99 camry LE v6 and I have an issue thats just started happening within the last couple weeks, feels like its getting worse but whenever I start driving it faster anywhere from 40 to 60+ mph there is a bump that is associated with each time the wheel rotates, the faster I go the faster that thump goes, but after driving on the highway for about 5-10 minutes it stops and doesnt come back until I completely the car completely stops. Its now affecting my braking where as I brake I can feel the thump thump thump up until the car stops. Its not just a sound, its like I have a bad wheel bearing or something. I would like to avoid going to the mechanic as I have had bad experiences with alot. 2 Shops couldnt figure out that my fuel pump was bad and still charged me the inspection fee but I got both of the charges after I fixed the issue myself and went back to yell at the management. Any possible leads???

EDIT: It feels like its coming from the front of the car!!!

Last edited by treonn; 01-12-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: EDIT: It feels like its coming from the front of the car!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Suggest to start by removing one front tire at a time.

Inspect the tire for damage, ply separation, bulging side wall, object stuck in tread, etc.

Then inspect the rotor for cracks along with the brake pads for signs of unusual wear.

With calipers removed you can check the hub for excess play, rotate and feel for binding.

Check suspension for damaged bushings, plus the strut.

Look at the CV joints for a damaged boot.