Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tokico Blue Shocks on '93 V6LE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Default Tokico Blue Shocks on '93 V6LE?

Hello, I'm new to this forum....hoping for some info about suspension.

I want to put Tokico blues on my '93, following general recommendations I have heard. I looked into purchase, and saw they sell a cartridge insert ($60-70 each), but don't appear to sell a whole unit.

Has anyone used the cartrdige in the OEM shock? Is that a good way to go or would you recommend some other solution with a whole-unit shock to replace the OEM setup?

I'm also lowering with Eibach springs....

Incidentally, this was result of putting IS300 wheels on the v6, which is suppsed to work. I had some rubbing on the inside of the right rear rim, but not on the left. - so bad it "locked" up the wheel and prevented it from rolling. I pulled the wheel and noticed the rubber dust cover on the shock was ripped up....and was told by friend that meant the shock was bad. Both sides are ripped, and given the bad clearance on one side vs the other thought replacement of all was in order.....not sure yet what the cause of the rubbing was...again, IS300 (215/50/17) are supposed to fit fine on the V6.

Comments? Suggestions? Other ideas why one side would rub and the other wouldn't? And, per my original question, what's up with replacing OEM cartridges with Tokico inserts...any issues/concerns/suggestions there?

Thnks