Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Default Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have a 96 Camry that has trouble starting after it has warmed up. I have been told that I was flooding it, But I don't give it gas when i start it. I was told it was a blocked fuel filter but when I pulled the old one off it was clear as a bell. I was told that the intake air filter was dirty but I replaced it and no difference.
Anyway if any one has an idea please feel free to chime in.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Default RE: Does anyone have a suggestion?

Hi Plee...I looked on the internet to help you get you question answered, and this is what I found:

"The mos common warm stalls in camrys are due to one of the three following causes:
1 dirty EGR valve
2 dirty Idle control valve
3 defective Engine coolant temp sensor (erratic and tricky to pin point on syntoms)

I would venture that your stall/hard to start after car is warmed up, is cause by the ECT. I just would change it, very simple job, unscreew the old one and install the new one (wiyh a little of tefon in te thread), no need to flush the coolant.

If you have your car warm, stop for a few minutes and then it cranks but does not run, disconnect the ect senso and try ot start it again. If it does start, there is a very good chance that is the ECT sensor. This is just a test, never drive witrh the ECT sensor disconnected."

This was posted by a user named "burchard" on http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic615013.htm.

I wish you the best of luck and let me know if I can help you find anything else.