Go Back   Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Enthusiast Forum > Your Ride > Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2008, 11:03 PM

Default 2007 Camry has vibration and bounce when driving

When i ride my 07 Camry i feel a slight vibration. Car feels more bouncy after hit slight bumps when driving. You can feel it slight shaking on the pedals, steering wheel and center armrest. Feels like the drivers front tire area. I had the tires balanced last week. What could it be? Suspension, strut, alignment( car drives staight) Any ideas let me know. I need to explain it to the service dept at the dealer.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Camryforums!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:08 AM

Default RE: 2007 Camry has vibration and bounce when driving

could be a bad shock absorber. while the car is parked, lean and bounce on the side where you feel it most. then back off. if the car continues to bounce, bad shock. if it come up and stops, it's not the shock
Old 08-20-2008, 11:53 PM

wheel bearings, maybe? this is happen on my car 4 months ago. but i'm not sure your problem is the same. better is check it out to make sure it is good.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:57 PM

I would also check control arm parts . . ball joints tierod ends or maybe a CV joint. Is there any banging noise associated with it? If it was a shock absorber, I would think thatthe issuewould creep up on you rather than just being there one day. It should be noted that these problems could be dangerous and should be sorted out asap. It may be something not serious, in which case you could wait a little while until it's convineint to get fixed like shocks ora cv joint. However if it is a ball joint or a tie rod it could snap and cause you to loose control. I'm not trying to scare you but just be carefull.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

While all the suggestions above are valid, I want to know if you had the problem prior to balancing the wheels, and if you had the issue immediately after you left the shop or later on.
Wheel balancing is tricky and the tech may not have done it properly. Also wheel weight attachment varies, and sometimes - who to blame is irrelevant - weights fall off causing a wheel or wheels to become unbalanced once again.
Take it back to the shop for a re-evaluation.

My Car Domain
Old 08-23-2008, 01:15 AM

submit to reddit

Tags
07, 2007, bouncing, bumps, camry, car, cv, driving, hitting, issues, joint, rod, tie, toyota, vibrates, wheel