Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Dash Trim Kit look? anyone have one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Default Dash Trim Kit look? anyone have one?

I have an 2009 Camry and I'm thinking of putting in one of those dash kits. I want a black one but not to sure as to how it would look. I dont want to buy it and it looks cheesy. Does anyone have one in their car? If so how does it? If you have any pics of it can you post them? Thnks

Old 05-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Default RE: Dash Trim Kit look? anyone have one?

Hey bro, I have the piano black 30 piece dash trim kit in my car. I love it, and think it looks great. It's very glossy, very nice. With a 2009, I'd be worried too. You have a brand new car, you wouldn't want to do ANYTHING that's gonna damage it in any way. But I think the dash kit looks good, here's a link to some pics of my '04 Cam:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1056653715
You'll be able to see how it looks on the door handles, but remember, I have the custom Katzkin interior with the leather door panels, so my black leather blends into the black vinyl on the handle. If you scroll through the pics toward the end, you'll be able to see how in covers the temp controls, radio, etc - but with my car, there's so much extra stuff you hardly notice the vinyl kit (you'll see what I'm talking about). The kit actually looks best on the center console, where it wraps around the shift, parking brake, and covers the drink holders. It's a high gloss black that looks so much better than the stock.
Anyways, you got an 2009, that's pretty cool. I made a choice, I bought my '04 for 15, then put about 12,500 into it. Everyone was like, "Why the hell didn't you just buy a new car??" and I'm like, "because then it wouldn't look like this." And I love the way it looks. But when I see the brand new '09's, part of me kind of wishes I had one.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:02 PM

And look further down and the thread entitled Pinestrips and a Wood Dash Kit - much better close up pics of what a wood dash kit looks like.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:53 AM

i appreciate it homie. I'll be sure to post pics when i put it in.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:18 PM

I created a topic ealier titled: "my interior project". I posted pics of my red dash trim kit I installed. I will tell you that it is a pain in the *** to install and alot of the pieces dont fit right (usually too wide, too long), so I found myself doing alot of cutting and overlapping to get them to fit right. hope this helps

Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 PM

It's a heck of a hassle to install, so I hope you're patient. But it's worth it in the end. Those dash kits are impressive and the first thing you'd see when you peer in the window.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:36 AM

If you buy a real dash kit (not vinyl stickers), then it will be easy to install and will look good. Im going to be replacing my red vinyl stickers with real red carbon fiber. All the pieces are molded so its a simple install and looks nice. for real kits, look here: dash kits