Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Fog Light question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Default Fog Light question.

Has anyone wired up aftermarket Foglights in their 07 Camry yet?

I just put a pair in... They look very good... Projection lens's... Unfortunately they do have a halo ring at night... Probably due to the crappy angel-eye option i had opted for... (Bad decision) other than that their output is great...

My question is if I can get it so they just turn on with the regular lights? I hate having to turn them off and on when the car is off and on... I know there is a way to do it... I just cant figure it out. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Default RE: Fog Light question.

im also thinking about getting aftermarket foglights for my camry. how was the wiring for it? ive read that you can buy the OEM light switch that is in the SE or LE models that have the switch on it already and all you have to do it rewire it but im not sure where u can get that.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 AM

ehh instalation was not super easy... as i had to take off all of the under body plastic paneling as well as the front lower grille. No doubt my car looks great not with this addition... Wiring it wasnt hard. except for passing the damn wires through the firewall... One thing is for sure... the 07's are sealed up tighter than a fishes ***.

As far as mounting... I had to fabricate my own because the one provided was too short... Personally i think mine is better anyway... I'll try to post some pictures when i get a chance... I am brewing beer tonight so i dont know if I will have time.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:45 PM

Not sure about the wiring option but maybe you can talk to someone in the parts department or service department? The guys at my dealership are really cool with helping me out. Or maybe a car audio place. They're usually good with that kind of stuff, too and might have an answer.

Good luck!

PS...How's the beer?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:35 AM

The best thing i can figure is to open ur your dash (as if u were going to install an aftermarket radio) and find which wire is to the dash lights, or open the console around the steering wheel and find it there This may be an easier option tho due to being able to find the actual singal/light switch because there ae only 4 or 5 wires and from there a volt-meter can tell you which one comes on when you turn the switch for your light. I did this with an aftermarket oil pressure gauge on my 90' camry so its backlight comes on when i turn on my dashlight with the stock signal switch.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:06 PM

I just got a 2008 SE-V6 and replaced the stock bulbs with PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs H11. They look pretty good.

The fog lights are the same PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs. As we know the fog's are not as easy to replace as the low and high beams were.

Am I going to have to bring the vehicle into Toyota and have them do it? If I buy ramps will I be able to take apart the plastic covering under the vehicle to get at the lights? Is it hard to do?

Thanks,

Kenn