Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Help?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Default Help?!?

I have a 1999 Toyota Camry v6 csi wagon. It's completly stock and mechanically sound. It is diamond white with a vinyl interior. I REALLY want to modify it now!! Thinking of some new rims,two tone paint job,spoiler,bodykit,nitrous?!?, and some work on the sound quality... Any more ideas or where l could get some things on my list. And is nitrous safe for a Camry?!?

Any help most appreciated, thankz.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Default RE: Help?!?

Your best bet forthe Spoiler, Body kit, Rims & Tires, & Sound System, is ebay in my opinion, much of those items are hard to find or non-existent on most auto stores, but are on ebay forreasonable prices.
I would imagine nitrous would not be safe considering the motor was not designed for such a sudden change in speed,pressure, etc. I would also assume that in order to perform that you wouldneed to upgrade your pistons, connecting rods, crank shaft, among otherparts, $$$$otherwise you run serious risk of blowing your entire motor [:'(].

Good Luck!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 AM

why not go with turbocharger or supercharger? it is safier than nitrous.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

You can use nitrous on any engine its how much and how often you use it that will cause you issues. It also depends on you engine. If you have 200k miles I wouldn't even think about it but, if your under 70k and use a max. of a 50 shot you should be okay. But, you have to be smart you can't use it at every stop light and this and that or you will blow your car up quickly. Its not the best mod! It's dangerous but it can be done, and as mentioned above it would be better applied to an engine with other mods. Pistons, rings, forged crank etc. As for a super charger or turbo being safer I disagree all of these options are going to put increased stress on the engine by increaseing conbustion. If you want to go fast cheap and dont mind blowing your motor nitrous is the way to go! As for sound quality you can build a good system in anything!!!! Buy high quality speakers and build your enclosures to the manifactures specs. If your looking at wheels on a wangon I would go old school style. Nothing to big and flashy.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:49 PM

Ok, thankz for help!! I'm also thinking of lowering it... Any ideas?? And WHERE would you get nitrous?!?

Old 09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Lowering might be difficult but, look around. Nitrous can be had anywhere. Your cheapest option would be to find a used kit locally. But, stick to good name brands. NX, NOS, ZEX. are the three that I know off hand.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: ~Toyota 4 Life~
And WHERE would you get nitrous?!?
try here nitrousdirect.com

Old 09-04-2008, 03:56 AM

Thankz, I'm thinking of getting nos... Thankz for the link!! I might get it from there. Thankz!! Any more ideas?? Maybe for the interior??

Cheers.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:49 AM

lol. good luck with the nitrous plans!