Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Not really a mod but improves the wear of the front.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Default Not really a mod but improves the wear of the front.

I've only had the Camry going on 2 months but the front paint is getting destroyed from road debris. There are chips, scratches and gouges all over the front bumper (we commute 60+ miles each way to and from work every day).

The bra is made by Colgan and seems to fit pretty nice. The material is thinner than the last 2 OEM bras I had for my cars so I don't know how well it will hold up in the long run. For the time being, it does the job. The real test will be when we drive to Northern CA for xmas later on this month.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Default RE: Not really a mod but improves the wear of the front.

I personally am not a big fan of those types of car bras. So another alternative to achieve the same affect would be to buy a 3M clear bra. I've seen them on eBay and there's some shops locally where I live that will put them on. They look real good. You can't even tell they are on there unless you get super close. They also put the protection on your side mirrors as well to protect them. Check with local tint shops if you're interested in doing that.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:49 PM

Yep, I tried one of those ebay kits. They're not that easy to install, you have to heat and stretch some pieces to go around curved and angled parts. After fussing with it for two days, I gave up and ordered this traditional bra. Also, having seen the film and some of the road debris damage to my bumper, I know the film won't adequately protect against similar impacts.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:01 PM

Not feeling the bra. I'm going with the 3m bra it can a good deal damage its just a bitch to install.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-15-2007, 09:58 PM

Yeah I think I'd rather go with the clear 3M. I know people who have gotten sand and dirt and rocks under the traditional bras and it scratched the hell out of their cars. Not so sure about the ebay kits but I know that there are shops that do it pretty cheap and usually they have better quality than the stuff found on ebay.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:47 AM

I personally have the same problem with my camry. I drive about 120-180miles daily. I get alot of scrathes and dings in the front bumper area too. I think the bra cover it up well to hide these visual let downs. Evertime i look at my hood i see where a softball size rock fell and hit it leaving a nice quarter size dent. Ive herd flaws with bras though, Paint fades, sometimes paint even peels up with the bra if you dont take it off regularly when washing it , not sure how that is though. Mold ect. All in all i think it looks good covering up the scratches dings and dents just my .02$