Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:06 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

'06 Camry LE Rear Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Default '06 Camry LE Rear Speakers

While purchasing my first Camry I found out that the speaker covers were degrading. I knew this would be a low-expense to put into the car so I just bought some from Amazon.com. After taking off the old speaker covers to have them replaced with new ones I find out that the paper cones are slightly torn and sound like crap.

I was wondering what the best option here is for new speakers? I don't know much about car audio, but I want something that sounds good, but I don't want to fork over a lot of money for a beast of a sound system (read: no subwoofers or etc. needed) I just want something that I can carry that jams that would be affordable.

Also, is this a DIY project, or would you recommend that I have somebody do it?

Anybody think they can help me?

Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 PM

I had the same problem with my wife's 06 Camry. The speaker covers just rotted away. Come to find out that if it had occurred a year or two earlier I might have had them replaced with the TSB that was issued and the wasted extended warranty. However, I first replaced the covers with aftermarket ones and then found the speakers were cracked also. Either I did it or they just rotted away. I got replacements from Crutchfield online. They were great to work with. The worst thing is working on your back in the trunk. Good luck.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by LtVTX
I had the same problem with my wife's 06 Camry. The speaker covers just rotted away. Come to find out that if it had occurred a year or two earlier I might have had them replaced with the TSB that was issued and the wasted extended warranty. However, I first replaced the covers with aftermarket ones and then found the speakers were cracked also. Either I did it or they just rotted away. I got replacements from Crutchfield online. They were great to work with. The worst thing is working on your back in the trunk. Good luck.
Thanks. Another guy at the ToyotaNation.com forums gave me the same site to purchase speakers. I think i can find what i need there. It's the 6x9 size right?

Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Try Crutchfield.com