Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2 Devices not working with Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Question 2 Devices not working with Bluetooth

I had my Motorola razor v9 paired and working just fine with the Bluetooth on my 2010 Camry SE. Then my son told me that I could use my itouch music with the Bluetooth so I paired it and it works with the dash display great. But now the phone doesn't work anymore; the Bluetooth doesn't recognize my phone. The Bluetooth symbol doesn't show on the display anymore when I have my phone with me. Why? What happened? The book says you can have up to 6 phones and music connected. What do I need to do if anything?

Just another note to mention. My son also has the same situation. He has the same car and did the same thing hooking up his itouch after his phone was working. His phone doesn't work either now, only he doesn't have the same phone. Can anyone help us?

Marsha

Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Suggest also checking at the Toyotanation website in the appropriate forum.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:33 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Marsha

Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Try pairing up the phone to Bluetooth again.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:30 PM

Tried pairing the phone again. Phone worked then and Bluetooth audio from iTouch did not work. I then paired up the iTouch music and the system told me the phone was then disconnected. So I still have just the iTouch music working. Is it because the Bluetooth can only work with one device?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know as not up to speed on these things thus just guessing.

Supposedly Bluetooth can connect to 8 devices simultaneously.

Is there some kind of default Bluetooth setting on the phone that can be changed from off to on? Off being some kind of power saving setting. Plus some kind of setting on Bluetooth that allows automatic access connection?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:37 AM

Phone has:
Device Name-Car Multimedia:
Type
: handsfree,
Access: automatic,
Access Settings
: OBEX Object Push: Automatic, OBEX File Transfer: Automatic, Dialup Networking Gateway: Automatic, Audio Source: Automatic, Audio Video Remote Control Target: Automatic

The choices to change the access settings are: Always Ask, Automatic, Never, & Just Once.

I don't' know what OBEX is but I would think that automatic should be the choice for access setting, which you mentioned.

I've played around with The Camry's setup some more and it seems that you have a choice to select either the phone or the music, when you do it disconnects the other. I wouldn't think it should do that but it is.

Anyway I've disconnected the iTouch music and am using it through the USB connection now so the phone will work when calls come in.

Toyota needs to put out more information on how their Bluetooth works when they say you can use the 8 devices simultaneously.

Thanks for your info.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

OBEX is another formalized way to exchange digital info like USB and RS232 protocols are.

Object Push is phone to phone transfers.
File Transfer is phone to PC devices
Dial-Up Networking Gateway would be for accessing the internet via dialup phone.
Audio Source. Audio sources are Ipod, MP3, etc.
Audio Video Remote Control Target. Bluetooth can be used with a remote control. The target is what is going to be controlled by the remote.

Based on above would think Audio Source (if it works) would be for setting up music.

The Bluetooth software is supposed to be able to use 8 devices, Toyota's version of Bluetooth may be different.

You might ask around at stores that install or sell Bluetooth products. Some sales people are pretty darn sharp when it comes to Bluetooth and may be able to determine what Toyota products can and can not do. It seems one needs to speak the Bluetooth language to understand the systems.

But you did figure out a workaround so great!

Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Default mCAR Bluetooth

I got this unit for $150 and installed it myself for about 30 min. It works great with Bluetooth and any phone we have tried! Connects my iPone 4S, my wifes 5S and my daughters Samsung SII also plays media with USB and A2DP and works with Siri too. Great value for the money!