Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

amp harness?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Default amp harness?

I have a 1993 Camry with factory integrated amp under the passenger seat. this was an option that not many of these cars had...

anyone know where I can get an amp wiring harness to hook up an aftermarket amplifier to the original wiring connections??

Old 04-04-2010, 08:15 AM

I've never seen people keep the old amp in their car at all... normally people rip them out and get a better one? The only aftermarket harnesses that I know exist are the Aerpro harnesses for the Head Units mate.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:29 AM

Crap, had the post written and lost it.

Sounds like you'd like to replace the amp with an aftermarket one.

Looked at metra and just see HU wiring harnesses. What you can do is wire in a LOC (line out converter). Prices range on these from pretty cheap to pretty expensive depending on what you want it to do. If you are just looking at putting in a replacment amp or two (perhaps you want to add a sub) then you can do so using a standard LOC if you want. The more expensive ones will add eq functions, time alignment, xovers etc. etc.

There are many LOCs available out there. Personal preference for me is the David Navone units. You can get them from his site or I think I saw a few on eBay just yesterday. They can be had for as little as $20 off his site or less on eBay.

I'd suggest you get a factory wiring diagram for your audio system so you know what wires are what. You would wire the LOC directly into the speaker wires off the HU that input into the factory amp. This converts the speaker wires to RCA outputs. This allows you to connect RCAs to the LOC and then input the signal into the aftermarket amp.

As far as any other wires the only one from the factory harness you'd be concerned with would be the remote on wire that turns the amp on when the HU is turned on.

Power and ground wires need to be run separately from the harness so you don't induce noise into the system and also the majority of aftermarket amps are going to require a different gauge wire. Follow the amps manual for correct size, routing and precautions. BE SURE TO FUSE CONNECTIONS!

Make sure the ground is within 18 inches of the amp and to a clean chassis connection.

Other than that it is just a matter of wiring your speakers to the new amp and setting the gain on the amp.

One note, if you are wiring the amp to the factory speakers, verify the ohm rating for the speakers is okay for the amp you are going to be using.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Old 05-01-2010, 08:06 AM

thanksss the best web to make more and more money www.wowlife.tk www.easymoneynow.tk