Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Interface Kit for IPOD on 2010 Camry SE

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Default Interface Kit for IPOD on 2010 Camry SE

I purchased a 2010 Camry SE with AM/FM/CD Player w/Satellite Capability, Auxilliary Audio Jack and Six Speakers. This came with the car.

I also purchased as an accessory addon, the Interface Kit for iPod. Toyota service had to install this kit. There is an iPod proprietary connector cable in my glove compartment.

I have a 2nd Generation iPod Nano 8Gb. According to the Interface Kit for iPOD Owner's Manual, my iPod is compatible with the interface.

When I plug my iPod in, I select the SAT connection on my stereo controls. The iPod plays whatever was last being played. I can change volume up/down, skip forward and back on the sonces, I can fast-forward/rewind on the song playin, I can even random play(Shuffle on/off). All of that works and the sound is very good.

Here is what does NOT work which makes this kit useless.
None of the Music Search Features work. If you have your songs in categories like playlists, or you have the standard categories like artist, album, genre, the stereo controls do not work so you can select these. You can use the (Type-Folder Up/down) but and it will and go to any of these top categories, but then you are supposed to hit the preset 6 button (Enter) and this supposed to then list the playlists you have or list the artists you have or albums you have, etc. But it does not recognize the preset 6 as the enter. In fact there is no combination of buttons (I have tried them all) that works.

The only way to get to another play list is to turn your stereo off, disconnect your iPod from the adapter, and then use the track wheel to get where you want and then plug the iPod back in and then it will play where you left off. Not very usable at all. Especially if you are driving.

I brought it back to my dealership and they are looking into it because they plugged one of the tech's iPod's in and that shows the same symptons. The tech thinks there is a problem with my stereo so the service manager is calling Toyota to see what to do. The interface kit is directly from Toyota. I bought through them and they installed it. The service and dealership have been really great and have been helpful and I don't want to misconstrue this as complaint against them because it is not. I just want to know if anyone out there has come across the same symptons and have come up with a solution. I have been searching the internet about this and really have not found anything similar.
Thanks

Old 03-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Default Zune Player

Do u know if A Zune Player or a sansa player or a USB Stick will work in the camry

Old 03-30-2010, 06:03 AM

I really don't know. I do not own any of those devices.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Default Interface Kit for IPOD on 2010 Camry SE

Has anyone purchased a 2010/2011 Camry SE and with your purchase also purchased the Interface Kit for IPOD? Are you using it? Is it functioning the way the owners manual states? Are the preset buttons working which are supposed to control the search features and selections? Mine is not and I am trying to see if this is a specific problem with my car or a bigger problem with the working of the interface kit. Thanks

Old 04-18-2010, 07:43 AM

first i hear about this option. do you know if this works for iphone?

Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 AM

thanksss the best web to make more and more money www.wowlife.tk www.easymoneynow.tk