Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

cd changer locked up, & more

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Default cd changer locked up, & more

I have a 95 Camry DX with stereo/cassette/3 disc CD changer. The CD changer locked up on my wife, whose not sure which button she pushed before it happened. Now the CD "box" hangs out over the cupholder area and the only button that causes the system to make any noise is the Eject buttom, which upon pressing, the system just makes shifting noise, then quits. The display reads "E-01" so obviously an error has occurred somewhere.

Anyone have any suggestions before I try calling the dealer to take in for repair?

Also have a passenger power window that no longer functions all of a sudden. Wonder if they are related somehow. Any repair ideas here? Thx.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: cd changer locked up, & more

I doubt there related.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Default RE: cd changer locked up, & more

Since the radio is fairly easy to remove- disconnect the radio from the vehicle for a second and then reconnect. Taking away the B+ supply for a second forces the unit to do a "CD count" once the power is restored. Hopefully, this will free up the mechanism that has jammed in the CD changer and allow you to get your CD's out.
As far as the passenger window (completely unrelated)- likely to be a failed window motor. Verify by checking for power and ground at the motor connector behind the door panel. If the window is stuck down- sometimes striking the motor will "wake" it up allowing you to raise it for the time being. Good Luck!

J