Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Disc Got Stuck in my JBL 6-Disc Changer...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Default Disc Got Stuck in my JBL 6-Disc Changer...

I have a 2008 SE V6 with the JBL six disc changer option; a disc got jamed in the changer yesterday and wouldn't come out, then the whole system wouldn't work I got the dreaded "ERROR" message on the screen...went to the dealer today and they told me they need to order me a new head unit to swap it out because there's definitely something wrong with it. They said they tried getting the disc out, which they did, but then the head unit ate the disc again and wouldn't come out again so they went ahead and ordered me a new radio...

I hate this though...I needed a new radio in my previous car, too, a 1999 Accord EX V6 Coupe which they replaced under warranty for me...but this is aggrevating...now I feel like I don't have a new car anymore; the vehicle has only 2,000 something miles on her...

Any other new-generation Camry owners experience bad luck with their JBL changers?

Old 07-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Default RE: Disc Got Stuck in my JBL 6-Disc Changer...

You should have tried disconecting the battery and then reconecting it. It most likely would've spit the cd back out. I've done that to several of my friends and families cars and the cds come right out

Old 07-07-2008, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: beunos24

You should have tried disconecting the battery and then reconecting it. It most likely would've spit the cd back out. I've done that to several of my friends and families cars and the cds come right out
Damn...didn't even think of that...oh well...I go to the dealer this week for the replacement radio; thanks for the input, though...

I just hate knowing that I already have a new radio in a car that's just a few months old...

Old 07-08-2008, 10:56 AM

If you look on crutchfield.com they have a replacement radio for the new camry. Its a dvd player and nav with tons of features. I'm thinking about getting one for my grandparents 08 camry

Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 AM

You should take a look at crutchfield.com cause they have a replacement radio especialy made for the camry and it has dvd, navigation and bluetooth. A nice step from the stock radio and since its only made for the camry it looks factory

Old 07-08-2008, 01:21 PM

Well thank you for the suggestion, but I already have a new stock JBL radio coming from my dealer this week.