Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

ipod interface for my camry

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Default ipod interface for my camry

hi guys

I just bought a2007 camryand i'm thinking of getting a ipod interface from www.xcarlink.com.au to listen to mysong. They claim it works with the steering wheel controls. Has anyone used one of these?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: ipod interface for my camry

i guess it should work. maybe you should give them a call or e-mail

Old 08-21-2007, 01:05 PM

seem simlar item installed and yeah it works.. it worked on a 88 300zx. just gotta know how to program it.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 AM

whats the point in getting that besides controlling ur Ipod through the steering wheel... There is already an MP3 jack in the car. I mean yea its a bit of a pain having to go and controll everythign with the IPod but still i wouldnt pay $155 for ease of control... You might as well go full force and get a whole new HU with controls on it.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:01 PM

I agree.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Yo don't listen to those guys I installed it and works great very easy to install if you are handy. They give you a pretty good step by step instructions and the steering wheel controls works great. Keep eyes on the road without looking @ ipod

Old 01-10-2008, 04:28 PM

I agree with IceCubed. Anything you can do to keep your eyes on the road and be less distracted the BETTER! I actually replaced the stock deck with an Alpine deck that solely does iPod. No CDs. It's obviously got radio, too. It also gives you fullspeed control and the best sound possible for your iPod. You can control the iPod through the deck and it works really well! You won't need to touch the iPod.

The deck is also steering wheel control ready so you just got to get the wire to connect it and you'll have full control of your steering wheel controls. The deck is also bluetooth ready so if you get the bluetooth kit you can hook your cell phone up to the stereo (if your phone has bluetooth, obviously) and do all your calling through the stereo. Basically you sync your phone, it will transfer your missed calls, rcvd calls, dialed calls and phone book to the deck. Choose the number and hit enter/call. If you have music playing, it will stop the music and put you on speaker using the cars speakers and a mic that can be installed pretty discretely. Once your done simply hit the phone button on the deck and it will hang up and the music will resume. If you get a call while driving it will turn the music off and ring through your speakers in the car. Hit the phone button to answer and so on and so forth. It's super easy and works great. The only phones that have issues are Samsung because of something in the way Samsung makes their bluetooth. I've used 4 different Motorola phones which worked great and my iPhone works great, too. With the samsung it will connect so you can call and get calls, but you have to use your phone instead of using just the deck.

Wow that was a lot to type! lol. I've also provided a link to the head unit I got my brother. The phone and steering wheel all work the same as well as the iPod but this has a CD player as well.

My deck.... http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=iDA-X001

My brother's deck.... http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=CDA-9884

Seth