Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

No bluetooth connection to iphone 4

Old 05-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Default No bluetooth connection to iphone 4

Having major issue playing music via bluetooth using my Iphone 4. The phone connects as soon as I start the car but I have to manualy the bluetooth player ever time. sometimes it just won't connect. Tried using USB connection but keep get getting a message that the device is not compatable. Any ideas.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:49 PM

maybe bluetooth is not turn on...try to look at the setting.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:57 AM

What model is your Camry? and is the iphone 4 compatible with it?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Exclamation This is worried me too....

Originally Posted by cslane View Post
Having major issue playing music via bluetooth using my Iphone 4. The phone connects as soon as I start the car but I have to manualy the bluetooth player ever time. sometimes it just won't connect. Tried using USB connection but keep get getting a message that the device is not compatable. Any ideas.
I have a 2011 Camry SE, with the JBL and bluetooth and wondered if the iPhone 4 would be compatible. My old 30 gig iPod got jacked by my ex and most of my music is gone. Thank God for SiriusXM! But I am looking at the iPhone 4 for my new phone/iPod device.

So it automatically connects the phone to the car via Bluetooth, but you manually have to connect the audio player via bluetooth to the car?

I know I had a horrible time getting my Blackberry to sync up to the car and ended up getting another replacement "Crackberry" for a different reason and it sync'd right up! In the manual you have to tell the car if it is only going to be used as a phone or if it will be used as both. When you sit down in the car it'll ask you that question and then proceed.

Did You have to do any set-up for the car, or did the phone Just sync itself after going into search mode?

Old 06-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Default iPhone 4 works great '11 Camry

Hello, first post here. Just got my Camry Se yesterday and my iphone 4 synced great to my stereo(non jbl) Bluetooth works flawlessly, both phone and streaming audio.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM

just bought 2011 Camry LE. Does anyone know how to transfer contact phone list from iphone 4 to jbl radio? I paired it and can play music, but I can individually add contacts but is their a way to transfer whole contact list or get it to show up on the radio? I hate trying to transfer over a 100 contacts to the radio. Too time consuming. I know their is not a transfer menu on the iphone 4. Any help would be appreciated. I contacted my salesman and he is researching it for me. If you know could you give a step by step how to do this.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Default transfer contacts

Originally Posted by Toyota Man View Post
just bought 2011 Camry LE. Does anyone know how to transfer contact phone list from iphone 4 to jbl radio? I paired it and can play music, but I can individually add contacts but is their a way to transfer whole contact list or get it to show up on the radio? I hate trying to transfer over a 100 contacts to the radio. Too time consuming. I know their is not a transfer menu on the iphone 4. Any help would be appreciated. I contacted my salesman and he is researching it for me. If you know could you give a step by step how to do this.

Thanks
It is actually pretty easy. You have to be stopped to do this but here goes.

Press phone button on the radio
Select phone on the touch screen
touch contacts
at the top of the screen touch options
then touch manage contacts
touch transfer
All of your contacts should be transfered.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Default Bluetooth connection for contacts iphone 4

Dear CSLane:

I tried your directions but failed. I must not have the same menus that you do on the iphone 4. Their is no option on the iphone 4 to manage contacts, nor transfer contacts via bluetooth, unless you have a jailbroken phone. I looked at the lexus forum and several people say that iphone does not allow for this data transfer. I guess it is a security thing from apple. If someone knows otherwise I would be appreciative for a work around. So far I have not heard back from my Toyota Salesman. Some have said to try and copy your contact list to another brand of phone or via sim card but that is too crazy. I guess I will just add the necessary numbers. I have a 2006 BMW 530i and it works like a champ. It recognized it quickly. Oh well !! i guess that is a gotcha with iphone 4-maybe iphone 5 will correct this.

Thanks all !!

Last edited by Toyota Man; 07-10-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: add 2011 Camry LE
Old 07-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Default worked with mine

I have an iphone 4 as well. It worked just fine when I did it. I would try removing the phone for the JBL sytem and then reestablish the bluetooth connection,then try to sync. Radio did lose ny contacts once and that is how I fixed it. I have a 2011 Camry XLE.