Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Wood grain dash applique removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Default Wood grain dash applique removal

I want toadd an iPod adapter to the factory installed radio in my 2003 Camry. Before I can remove the radio, I need to remove the applique that covers the radio and A/C controls. It looks like aftermarket appliquesmay beapplied with an adhesive. That would definitely be a problem. Mine was an option at the dealership.

Does anyone have experience removing the applique covering the radio?

Old 09-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Default RE: Wood grain dash applique removal

The wood grain applique is permanently affixed to the radio. It did not present a problem when I removed the radio which was easy. I bought a Scosche Complete Car Stereo Car kit from Walmart ($15) to help me remove the radio from the dash. The kit has many tools, the only one I needed was the panel removal tool. It made it eay to pry the panels covering the radio.I also used the Multi-bit driver.

I chose the USA Spec iPod Adapter. Bought it from Crutchfield.com. So far so good. I just installed it and tried out the various functions. The display on the iPod indicated that the assessory does not support charging. I think that this is probably because the 4th Generation Nano does not support charging with the supplied cable due to a change that Apple made to its newer iPods. The 4G Nano was just released ss of this writing . TheiPhone 3G will not charge according the the website. They are working on a new cable that will charge the iPhone 3G.