DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

2AZ-FE Ignition Coil electrical harness clips

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Default 2AZ-FE Ignition Coil electrical harness clips

If any of you have broken off the ridiculous tabs on the coil electrical harnesses, like I did working on all these issues on my ride, the dealer part number for the replacement connector housing is 90980-11885. My dealer wants $11.93/each, but Camelback Parts has them for under $6/each:

http://parts.camelbacktoyota.com/par...&siteid=214329

Just FYI.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Could you post that link again, please? The link didn't work.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:00 AM

Sure, see if it works this time:

Toyota Parts - Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping

Basically you can go to parts.camelbacktoyota.com and search for part 90980-11885. I've seen other posts on other forums about this that state other sites have them for about the same price.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

And to be clear, you are talking about that plastic tab that snaps off of the coil where the wire connects, right? If that's the case, I need to order two as I have them kind of wedged so they won't come off!
Thanks for the link, I thought I would have to buy the whole plug/coil assembly and not just the housing.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Patonium
And to be clear, you are talking about that plastic tab that snaps off of the coil where the wire connects, right? If that's the case, I need to order two as I have them kind of wedged so they won't come off!
Thanks for the link, I thought I would have to buy the whole plug/coil assembly and not just the housing.
Yep, that little crappy plastic tab that holds it in place. I brought it into the dealer, parts department was clueless, had to have a mechanic pull the info. He told me you depress and pull out the individual wires then put them back into the new harness clip (the entire plastic end is replaced, not just the little tab that breaks off), in the correct order of course I am not in a big rush to order them, but probably will just after Christmas, and will post a video of repairing them up for any that need it. And you're welcome!

Old 12-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Cool. Again thanks and I look forward to your video.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:56 AM

I ordered the replacement parts last week, I believe they are in at the dealer. I should have a video up by this weekend showing the replacement.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Nice, I'm looking forward to it as it is something that I should fix on my car.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:30 AM

I have them in my hand, got my laptop in yesterday and tested my borescope on it (works perfect), and loaded my Chinese Techstream clone. AWESOME. Sooooo, lots to post up in the coming days:

video of changing the clips
video of pre-Kreen soak on the piston tops and valves (think I will remove the cover and scope to the valves to get a baseline then again after I soak)
video of the software in action

Good days.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Looking forward to it!

Quick Reply: 2AZ-FE Ignition Coil electrical harness clips