DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

94 Camry Fuel Pump

Old 03-30-2012, 09:08 PM
WJM
Default 94 Camry Fuel Pump

Hello new to the Forum
I think my fuel pump is out. I checked it the old fashion way and attached an old fuel line to see if the pump was pumping while cranking the engine over. No fuel came out while cranking the engine over.

Diagnoses: need new fuel pump.

Correct?

Old 03-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Look in the engine compartment on the drivers or passengers side strut tower for a small plastic box about 1 x 2 inches. Inside are electrical terminals. Use a section of wire or bent paper clip to connect the FP and B+ terminals. Once done the pump will power up when the ign key is turned on.

Test the pump again. If no noise check for DC power to the fuel pump at blue/black wire. Make sure the white/black wire is grounded.

If noise but no fuel make sure the filter sock at the bottom of the pump is not plugged.

If all OK then look at the pump.

Also take note there are two fuel lines. One comes from the pump, the other is return fuel. You want the line having the steel nut attach fitting to the pump tube not hose clamps.