DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:22 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Air Bag Light Stays On.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Default Air Bag Light Stays On.

I have a '93 Camry...I couple years ago I had an electrical problem that cause my engine to shut off.
I had no radio or other accessories and my engine just didn't get power.

I had it towed to my mechanic who fixed it...BUT, when it came back the air bag light was on and wouldn't clear...and the mechanic couldn't figure it out or really didn't put that much effort into finding out how to clear it.

I am not worrying about the a/b's deploying, (OR SHOULD I BE)?

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Now I don't know if this has anything to with this but a couple months ago I lost all power again. I called the auto club and they guy, who was real cool, asked if I minded if he did any trouble shooting.

First we tried to jump it...

Second, he looked at the engine and believe it or not, apparently I had blown a fuse next to my battery and needed the entire box replaced. My EX mechanic had the audacity to just solder the connections together rather than replacing the unit. He has long gone and left to Thailand, I always thought he was good... I had used him for the last 20 yrs.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

If the airbag light is on the complete system is off, they will not deploy.

Your mechanic (past or present) could have accessed the airbag system computer and determined if there are any trouble codes stored. If so the codes will pin point the problem.

Clearing the airbag codes codes (assuming there is no problem) does not use the same procedure as clearing the engine trouble codes.