DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Driver's Side Headlight Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Default Driver's Side Headlight Issues

I have an 05 Camry. The headlight recently went bad so i went to replace it i thought i had replaced it recently so i tried jiggling the assembly a little and it ended up coming on. A couple of days later it went out again i went to jiggle it again and it would not come on. I replaced both passenger and drivers side bulbs. Still not luck. I replaced the socket and now i can turn the lights on manually(however they are very dim) but the auto lights will still not work. I was thinking of try to switch the wires on the socket to see if that might be causing an issue but I always understood that halogen lights do not have polarity. I was also thinking of replacing the relay but i am no mechanic. Any Ideas before I take it into the shop??

Old 12-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

The original headlight was replaced? Is the new headlight the same design as the old?

If light worked when jiggled could be a problem with the socket. The light fixture holds the socket which holds the bulb.

Check electrical terminals inside socket for corrosion or damage. Check terminals connections with their wires.

With lights turned on, check for battery voltage at the drivers headlight low beam between red wire (12v) and ground wire, black.