DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Need help tracking down a part number

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Default Need help tracking down a part number

My trusty Camry left me high and dry yesterday with a blown fuel line. The line that feeds from the fuel rail up to the cold start injector blew out. In the process of cutting the barb fittings out of the line so I could patch it up, I lost one of the barbs. I have no idea how, but it is gone. I searched the 5 square foot area for 2 hours, and the rest of the garage where I hadn't even been for another hour. Just God reminding me not to work on cars when I'm in a foul mood. Anyway, I need to get another line, but I can't seem to find a part number. Every search I try takes me to the injector, but the injector is fine.

Does anyone know where I can get this P/N?

Old 04-07-2015, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure what you are describing. Are these standard barb fittings that press into the fuel line (rubber) and have a threaded tube fitting at the other?

For OEM part, go to Toyota Parts - Shop OEM Toyota Parts Online at Village Toyota. Then refine search to the fuel injection system for your specific year/model/engine/etc to find the parts schematic and your part.

Post back with a better description of the part.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:18 AM

I forgot about that page. What I am looking for is part number 2380174021:

PIPE SUB-ASSY, FUEL, NO.1 for 1990 TOYOTA Camry. #2380174021

The reason I couldn't find it is because it seems to be listed as a "pipe" by Toyota, not a line. Most vendors list it as such or in some cases a "Fuel Rail" with no picture (I bet there's some unhappy customers there..." I've had translation issues with my German cars, so I should have expected this.

This is the line that connects the cold start injector on the intake manifold to the fuel supply from the rail. But, nobody lists it as anything to do with the cold start injector so I couldn't find it until you awesome folks reminded me of a website that I forgot about in my frustration.

And true, it is a "one piece" line, but if you can cut off the crimp from the vinyl line without damaging the barbs, you can clamp a piece of normal (read:Superior) injection hose in it's place. I used a grinding wheel on a Dremel set to low speed & some small pliers to finish the job, and it worked pretty well.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Old 04-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

You can also make up your own "pipe" using off the shelf banjo fittings. The fitting bolt may be 12M x 1.25.