DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

rainguards/ wind deflectors

Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Default rainguards/ wind deflectors

Ok heres the issue I have a 2007 Camry SE and I want to put on some raingaurds/wind deflectors the problems is on this model there is a chrome stip the runs along the window that I dont want the wind deflectors to cover up. So does anybody out there have any good suggestions on where I can buy some that won't cover the chrome strip up? Any ideas are greatly appriciated.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by elite64a
Ok heres the issue I have a 2007 Camry SE and I want to put on some raingaurds/wind deflectors the problems is on this model there is a chrome stip the runs along the window that I dont want the wind deflectors to cover up. So does anybody out there have any good suggestions on where I can buy some that won't cover the chrome strip up? Any ideas are greatly appriciated.
yes in fact i do........

i have a 2010 camry LE and i too have that chrome. toyota has done away with the wind deflectors that go into the window channels, because it was actually causing a problem with he windows going down. now that information i got from my dealer.

so what i did was put on order a set of 4 wind deflectors (window vent visors) and they cost me $155.00, and i should be able to get them either today (tuesday) or tomorrow. they have a chrome strip in them, which is supposed to match the same as on the door. as i do not have them now, i cannot tell you more. the parts guy said he saw them on 3 cars and they look great...........

all i can say is, i'll let you know as soon as i can, so stay tuned, or, go to your toyota dealer, and check them out for your self.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:38 AM

Go to a farm supply store and buy some "snow fencing", rolls of four foot long wooden slats connected with wire, and put it up all around your solar panels. Any blown snow will be trapped by the snow fence, and the only snow on your panels will have fallen on them directly from above. Unless you get very heavy snow, the heat from the solar panels should melt snow that falls them directly, and it should mostly slide off by itself.