DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

replacing front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Default replacing front bumper

The front bumper on my 2003 Camry XLE is cracked from a slow speed collision. Has anyone replaced one of these themselves? I'm generally pretty handy but don't want to get in over my head. Are there any schematics on how it's attached? The headlight assembly is fine. It's just the bumper that was cracked too bad for it to be heat-melted back in shape.

Thank you.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know for sure on this year.

Typically the lower engine plastic cover and fender liners need to be removed (or just moved out of the way enough) to access the bolts. Plus the turn signals need to be removed.

The bumper typically has a combination of plastic push-in plug clips and small bolts located above and below the bumpers back edge. A number of fasteners would be located in center section of the bumper at the back edge. Perhaps one or two fasteners would be locate around the corner near the tires to keep the far corner of the bumper attached. Typically only a few fasteners hold the bumper on, perhaps 7-8.

The Autozone website may have something on removing the bumper in their vehicle self help repair guides.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:03 PM

not too sure but it shouldnt be hard. i had to replace my back bumper and it wasnt very much work so im thinking besides taking ur foglights out it is just like the back bumper