DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Site to get Camry service manual online?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Default Site to get Camry service manual online?

I just tried to find the free online manual, but looks like site is gone...
I believe that I got the link to www.camrystuff.com from this site - it was a fantastic site, but now looks like it is gone.

Anyone have any ideas if they just renamed it or if there is a similar site with the Camry service manual online?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

This site was hacked.

Don't know of any other sites like it.

Sometimes free Ebook sites have manuals. Do an internet search.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:36 AM

Tried the search and found one for model year '94. Am using as a reference, but suspect there are differences.

Too bad about the other site... If anyone else knows of one, I hope to hear from you as well.

Thanks Joey

Old 01-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

When you find these sites, manuals, etc, Download what you need ASAP as they can disappear quickly.

The Autozone website has service info on specific models of cars.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 AM

Wish I had known about the site(s) dissapearing like that before ... Oh well, I guess that falls under the "experience" label.

I figured the site would be there next time I needed anything so I just bookmarked it for future reference. Now I'm hosed... I'll go pull down the info for the '94 model and keep looking for the '98... although with everything I'm finding it might be time to just let this one go. '98 with 150,000+ miles. Other than oil changes, breaks, and tires, I've only had to replace a brake cable the timing belt and an o2 sensor - the car doesn't owe me anything! Currently looking at this pesky oil leak, new struts all around, sway bar bearings, and wheel bearings, also getting a funny noise once in a while with the power steering - It's like the sound you get when you turn the wheel all the way to the end of travel only it happens sometimes just after I start up the car and back it down the driveway into the street. (Any words of wisdom are appreciated.)

Last edited by btrossman; 01-31-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

The site that went down had a 94 and 99 manual, thus even with the info one needed to guess at models in-between years.

If you poke around the internet you can still find Toyota manual or training excerpts that can help.

Oil leaks are common with this engine. Check the following areas:

Valve cover-back of engine.

Distributor area or the plug in the head if no distributor is no longer used.

Oil coming out from under the timing cover. Could be cam, crank or oil pump seal. Remove the passenger tire, start engine and look for a leak now coming out from under the cover (typically mid-timing cover, firewall side).

If the engine has an oil cooler, something oil leaks from the seal between the cooler (oil filter screws onto this) and engine block.

Differential housing area under where the axles plug into, diff housing seal.

Area under car between engine and trans, crank rear seal.

If you do the struts, might also do the mounts and mount bearings. The mounts can start to knock when going over bumps (common issue), the bearings pop when turning the steering wheel (happens).

Sway bar has bushings, tend to squeak, knock, etc. when going over bumps (common). Easy job if the bolts holding the bracket are not rusted to the frame.

Wheel bearings require a press to remove and replace. They will make a growl or roar at lower speeds if going bad, they don't fail as often as people think.

The PS issue happens, guessing it is the relief valve in the pump. Typically happens at colder temps, first engine start. Might try changing all the PS fluid. You can suck it out of the reservoir with a modified turkey baster (add a section of hose) and replace with new. Do this between drives until the fluid is clean again.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:40 PM

that was a good resource but unluckily its hacked~!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM

Proud owner of a new 2011 LE... 50 miles so far all good!

Thanks again for your assistance.
B