ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

'04 Power Locks: All Lock, Only Driver Unlocks

Old 10-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Default '04 Power Locks: All Lock, Only Driver Unlocks

I've been scouring the internet for help on this. If anyone here can help with this, I'd be so pumped! Here's what's going on...

The driver door will lock and unlock as normal, but the rest of the doors ONLY lock. If all of the locks are unlocked (manually reaching over to each door and flipping the sonofabitch myself) and I try to lock them, they will lock.

The (minimal) Troubleshooting I've Done:
  • Replaced driver door lock/window panel. Made no change.
  • Replaced FOB battery. Made no change.
  • Sometimes, very rarely, if it's cold enough (I'm in southern Ca) all of the locks WILL unlock. This leads me to believe it isn't an actuator issue.
My guess is that it has something to do with the ECU, maybe a bad/broken/frayed wire somewhere. But I'm not great with schematics and unsure where to go from here. Help a Camry owner out!

Old 10-23-2017, 11:35 AM

Oh! If there's another thread that's answered this, I'm sorry for being redundant, please just post a link!

Old 10-23-2017, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

There are a few related topics below.

This seems a common issue linked to the door lock ECU. Something to do with moisture. The fix a replacement.