ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

2007 Camry Battery Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Unhappy 2007 Camry Battery Warning Light

I have a 2007 Camry that was recently broken into. I noticed after the break in that my aux power ports (cigarette lighter etc...) were not working. The ports shorted out when my GPS was stolen. I had a freind look for the fuse that was apparently blown and he started pulling all the fuses in the box to find the right one. He found it and replaced it. Since then the battery warning dash light has been on. The car operates properly and so do the power ports. How do I get the warning light off. One freind suggested that I reset the computer. Does anyone know about this situation and can offer me some help on getting the warning light to turn off.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Default Start Simple

Be sure to check all of your fuses, not just the most likely one.
Many times circuits will overlap each other, or the fuse will be protecting a circuit that will surprise you considering the title of that fuse location.

Resetting your ECU could take some doing, many auto mechanics and dealers are reluctant to give out this information for free.
I am no expert on these cars. You have a few options.
Try these initial steps, there can be

1) Disconnect your battery for about an hour, reconnect and hope for the best. Light hopefully goes out.

2) Buy your manual on e-bay or from where ever and read up on how to do this yourself, shouldn't be too difficult. The motor manual will include electrical diagrams should you need to trace the wires out yourself and additional basic troubleshooting steps.

3) You may have to buy an OBDII reader with the ability to reset all of you error codes and idiot lights. Be sure when you buy your tool it can reset your codes and works with your make and model vehicle.

4) Pay your local mechanic a few bucks to hook his shop computer to your car, evaluate the codes and reset them. This cost around $60 dollars.
He may find a problem or just reset that light.

Try this stuff for now.
Be sure to reply so we can find out what here works and what did not.
Thanks.