ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

99 Camry Cruise and Ovr Drive out

Old 11-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Default 99 Camry Cruise and Ovr Drive out

Dear Camry Nation, My elder neighbor's cruise control and over drive have gone out. I assume it is a fuse, so I checked all the fuses in the box under the hood and they all look good. I could not find anything that located the fuses for those exact accessories. Could it be one or more of those larger black box components that plug in near the fuses? A "fusible link" ? Or is there something else that would typically cause this? I could not find another fuse box even though the owner's manual shows two more under the hood and one near the driver's left knee. Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Does the cruise light on the dash go on and off with the cruise on/off switch?

Cruise control uses the Gauge, Stop and ECU-IG fuses.

Does the power antenna and shifter lock work, if so the ECU-IG fuse is OK?

If the stop lights work the Stop fuse is OK

How about the electric door locks, key and seat belt reminder alarm, and power windows? This are in part powered by the Gauge fuse.

The fuses are in the box near the drivers left knee. Look behind the lid of an ash tray on the dash where ones left knee would be. You will need to unbolt the lid to access the fuses.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:55 PM

Thank you, toyomoho. I looked at that little ash tray and tried to remove it, but then thought "nah, that would be stupid to hide the fuse box like that." I will go over there tomorrow and use the information you gave me.