ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Camry 08 LE A/C Blower Noise

Old 01-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Default Camry 08 LE A/C Blower Noise

During cold start in cold weather, A/C blower makes a noticeable and somewhat loud "whirring" noise. Sound dies down after 10-15 seconds on low setting. If I have it on high, the sound dies down quicker.

And this only happened once ---- in a around 35 degree weather(cold weather), fan made a very loud cricket-chirping sound. Sound also died down after 10-15 seconds.

Went to dealer and left it there for a day. I was unable to reproduce the problem--weather wasn't cold enough (around high 50s). It has been quite frustrating trying to reproduce the problem since the dealer is noisy, and weather makes all the difference.

Also is it normal to hear a feint but audible whirring sound and a minor high pitch sound from the A/C? I remember when first purchasing the car, the car was quiet as a mouse. Maybe it's my sensitive ears and attention to detail, but it's a bit annoying to have to hear it all the time when driving.

Any suggestions to what I can do? Also does anyone know where the blower fan is located, and the instructions to access it to clean it out?

Also if any of you who own a Camry 07 and up, please tell me if you have any such issues. If you can please put your ears to the glove compartment to see if you can also hear any whirring sound. Thanks!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Might be the blower bearing. Or something could have falling into the blower fan.

Look under the passengers side of the dash. The blower would be in a round plastic housing extending below where cabin air filter is located. Your owners manual may have something on the location of this filter.

The blower can be unbolted to drop down from the round housing.