ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Getting a Key Fob for the 1999 Toyota Camry LE

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Default Getting a Key Fob for the 1999 Toyota Camry LE

I want to first say I'm relatively new to this form.

I just yesturday bought a 1999 Toyota Camry LE from an attorney yesturday. It has only 30K on it and is beautiful condition. I'm an amature mechanic and my question is.....

1. I have automatic door locks. But I want to get the remote doorlocks feature. I imagine the wiring is all there but the compoents need to be installed. Has anybody every converted a non-remote to a remote doorlock.

2. This kind of strange thing I notice is when I'm at full stop and the Speedometer is on zero and I step on the gas it takes about 2 to 3 seconds before the Speedometer starts to register the speed. Ex: If I'm at a stop light and I floor the gas pedal. The speedometer will show zero for a couple of seconds then it will jump to the correct speed. It dosen't bother me much but I'm trying to see is this normal or is this strange.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Getting a Key Fob for the 1999 Toyota Camry LE

you have automatic locks or power locks?

If you have power locks then i believe you can just install the relay and ur good to go.
But in all honesty i'd take it to some car stereo/security shop to get it done. HOpefully you can find one that you can bargain with cos the small shops usually markup the price anyways.

The spedometer is never instant, but perhaps the delay on yours is a little more than it should be. And you describe that it jumps to a speed which is begining to tell me that your speed sensor may be malfunctioning.