DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

How to program 2012 Camry key fob?

Old 09-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Default How to program 2012 Camry key fob?

I bought a 2012 model camry car. The master key fob was damaged. So I bought a blank key fob from ebay. Now I want it to be programmed for my car. How can I do it? I tried several methods but nothing worked. Is there any different method should be followed for 2012 camry? Can anyone please help me to figure this out?

Below is one of the method I tried but didn't work.

1. With the driver side door unlocked and open slide the key in and out of the ignition twice without turning it. (Should be done within 5 seconds) 2. Close the driver side door and then reopen it, and then close and reopen it again. 3. Put your key in the ignition again and remove it. 4. Close the driver side door and then reopen it, and then close and reopen it again. 5. Put the key in the ignition and then close the door 6. Turn the key to the "On" position without cranking the car and then turn it back to the "Off" position and remove the key. 7. You should have heard the door locks cycle after you removed the key. This means the vehicle is in program mode. ** If the door locks did not cycle you will need to repeat steps 1-6 again, you should completed step 1 within 5 seconds. 8. To program the new Toyota Key fob hold the "Unlock" and "Lock" button on the key fob for two seconds and then release. Then press the "Lock" button for up to three seconds and release. The door should lock and unlock.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.