ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

No Interior Lights - 7th gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 01:47 PM
Unhappy No Interior Lights - 7th gen

Hey all,

I recently put a sound system in my 2012 Camry and after everything was completed I don’t have any lighting inside the car. All of the dash lights work, the buttons light up for the window switches and the heater controls. What I don’t have is the dome light, map light or the door lights at the bottom. I took everything apart again to see if I missed plugging something back in, but I can’t find anything. All of the fuses are good, I even tried to swap to make sure that my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me. The whole car functions properly, except for the interior lighting. I didn’t drill any new holes other than in the far back for a ground. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to trace the wires that would go to the Dome and map lights? I’m pulling my hair out haha. TIA.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Dome light work when manually turned on?

Old 04-26-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Dome light work when manually turned on?
No. Completely dark. It was the first thing I went for. I checked the connection in the a pillar too. Maybe I need to get the meter out and start probing. :-/

Old 04-26-2021, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

If the wiring is the same as previous years the one leg of the map light eventually goes to chassis ground. The lights that can be manually turned on have 12v at all times. Turning the switch on grounds the light to complete the circuit.

Start by checking for 12 volts at the light and that one leg of the switch is grounded to chassis.

The 12v power is controlled by the main body ECU. The ECU may use the following fuses:
Door No 1
Door No 2
ECU-B No 1
ECU-IG No 1
ECU-ACC

Also check the Dome fuse.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
If the wiring is the same as previous years the one leg of the map light eventually goes to chassis ground. The lights that can be manually turned on have 12v at all times. Turning the switch on grounds the light to complete the circuit.

Start by checking for 12 volts at the light and that one leg of the switch is grounded to chassis.

The 12v power is controlled by the main body ECU. The ECU may use the following fuses:
Door No 1
Door No 2
ECU-B No 1
ECU-IG No 1
ECU-ACC

Also check the Dome fuse.
thank you, I checked all of the fuses and none of them seem to be blown. I will though check the door fuses in the ECU fuses and swap them out with no one good fuses just to be sure. I’m so lost.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:49 AM

I am a big fan of interior car lights as well. Unfortunately, mine did not have them, so I had to improvise and install them myself. I was thinking of taking it to a shop and asking them to do it for me. But, shortly after, I decided I should give it a try myself. It was a bit overwhelming at first, as I had never done something similar before, but it didn't take long before I was so much into the process that I spent all my free time reading about it. It took me about 6-7 hours to install them, and I'm pleased with the results.