ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

p2112 cel code

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Default p2112 cel code

Had it checked out and it was a p2112 code throttle actuator stuck closed??

The only part at advanced they could find was a tps sensor for 272.99$ ....

Would this include an actuator? I looked at the the throttle body and it looks to be pop ripbed in?

Its for a 05 camry 2.4 4cyl ...Im just at a loss here I took the intake hose off cleaned the airfliter (k&n) Sprayed some carb cleaner on the throttle body for now...

The car seems to die random times when driving...

HELP!

Thanks

Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

The TPS measures throttle plate angle, it has detected the actuator is not working correctly. Assumed based on throttle peddle position compared to TPS indication of throttle plate position.

When this code is set the throttle actuator motor is turned off by the ECU and the throttle plate closes via a spring. The engine goes into limp home mode.

There is a TSB out on this (see link) which appears to have be updated.

Technical Service BULLETIN

Determine if this TSB (or the updated one if you can find it, you can call a dealer) applies to your car. For California emissions cars the warranty appears to be 84 months/70K miles.

Problems could be:

Something lodged in the throttle plate keeping it from working properly. You can check this.

Bad throttle plate motor.

Wiring issues, shorts, etc.

Not sure the motor only can be replaced on Camry, doubt it.

The is not an uncommon issue for Camry of these years. Unfortunately the fix appears to be throttle body replacement, the part being around $900 retail from the dealer.

It appears this part is also available aftermarket at a lower price but you may need to call around to find an outlet that can get it.

1sttoyota.com and Toyota Parts | Online Toyota Parts & Accessories Shop | Toyota Replacement Parts offer discount Toyota prices there are other dealers who do this. If calling these places state you are an internet user/buyer to get any discounts.

Also shop salvage yards and Ebay.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:36 PM

Thanks i figured thats what it was...But 900$ holy $hiT!

Ill try a couple of junk yards for the time being and see if i cant get away with a temp fix with a cheaper used TB

Old 10-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, best bets are used, aftermarket, then discount Toyota dealers.

You are not the first to make this exclamation about this issue!

Old 10-19-2011, 07:04 PM

Well im not sure whats the issue....But the check engine light went out...and on the way to the part store to get the code it came back on...then died and started back up after some sweet talking :P....Then 2 days later and about 60 miles...30 miles to and from work....it went off agian..It also was stuck open and left me stranded at 5am on the side of a dark country road..i tried to start it and it went to redline and shut off....i pulled the intake hose off the TB and pushed it back closed and it started back up..Now the CEL is off and i dont know what to think.....So im puzzled and at a loss here....I know its acting up and needs replaced...but ever since i cleaned it out and filled it up with some mid grade gas it seems to have stopped...

Since this has happend ive done some researching and you seem to be correct....its a common issue...I knew this drive by wire crap wasnt good :P

Im gonna check the junkyard tomarrow and see what they have or dont have instock...Last resort will be a brand new one from toyota at nearly 900-1000$ just for the part gah!

Ill keep you guys posted...(pray for the Toy!) and hopefully the CEL will stay off!