Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Default engine

my 93 camry xle 4cylinder has a mager oil leak the top of the tranny and bottom of the car is soaked in oil. The spark tubes are ful of oil.the gasket are all fine.Whats going on?

Old 10-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Default RE: engine

Your statement is and understatement by all means....All gaskets are fine. ???????? Gasket seals whatever there has to be something allowing the oil to leak out which more than likely means you have a bad gasket or seal.
My advice..
Go to the local autoparts store and by some degreaser. Cover up the alternator, battery, plugs, coils, fusebox(s) ect.. Anything electrical. If you want to be safe unhook your battery. Then make sure the engine is warm not hot. Youll crack the block with the next step, rinse the engine down and spray with degreaser follow instructions and wash off ect. This will help minimize the possibilitys of where the leak maybe to where it is. This will hopefully allow you to pinpoint the problem and get it fixed either do it yourself or down time shop repair. Atleast youll know what your getting yourself into so to speak. Or if its worth fixing or if the car is a junker your just gonna trade in or sell one day.

Does the oil level get low where you have to add? Does the transmission fluid get low? Powersteering get low brake fluid ect. Im guessing its probably a bad valve cover gasket by what you descrive as oil in the plug area. I think this is a common problem on these cars to my knowledge i could be wrong and it could be something more serious. Im just here to give advice not fix the problem for you

Old 10-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Default RE: engine

the tranny , brake , power steering and rad fluids are fine.the car dose get really hot sutimes. i put about a quart of oil in in everytime i drive it.