Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Engine misfire every 3 to 6 months stumped

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 01:49 PM
Default Engine misfire every 3 to 6 months stumped

Okay guess I’m seeing any help I can find. My 2007 Toyota Camry has about 250k on it and it’s been a great car. But for some reason it seems like every 3 to 6 months I’m getting an engine misfire.
Now that being said I’ve changed the plugs, fuel injectors and ignition coils. Fuel interiors and ignition coils have been replaced within the last 6 months and plugs back in November when this Last happened.
So I’m trying to figure out what could be causing this or what am I missing? So I’m just seeking advice to try and figure this out.
I will also say when it happens if I shut the car down and restart it everything clears and it runs fine.

Old 01-27-2022, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Any link between the time of event an things like weather (rain, humid, hot, cold), type of fuel used, road driven on, A/C, heater, etc on or off, fuel tank full or empty, etc

Old 01-27-2022, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Any link between the time of event an things like weather (rain, humid), type of fuel used, road driven on, A/C, heater, etc on or off?
I mean no not really I live in Kansas City area so we definitely have all 4 seasons but this has happened from summer to winter. I do an even mix of some Highway and some city driving. I also only run premium gas of 91 octane.
I’m pretty good with keeping up on my own maintenance and I’m no matter mechanic but definitely still know how to work my way around my vehicle.
The car has a cold air intake on it and it does have a TRD exhaust. So I’m wondering if it could be something related to to that?

Old 02-04-2022, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tkissinger
Okay guess I’m seeing any help I can find. My 2007 Toyota Camry has about 250k on it and it’s been a great car. But for some reason it seems like every 3 to 6 months I’m getting an engine misfire.
Now that being said I’ve changed the plugs, fuel injectors and ignition coils. Fuel interiors and ignition coils have been replaced within the last 6 months and plugs back in November when this Last happened.
So I’m trying to figure out what could be causing this or what am I missing? So I’m just seeking advice to try and figure this out.
I will also say when it happens if I shut the car down and restart it everything clears and it runs fine.
If you can get your hands on an OBD2 reader, that would help a lot. That way we can view the freeze frame data and live data.