General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

05camry le 4cyl vs ford focus 2dr?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Default 05camry le 4cyl vs ford focus 2dr?

I was on the interstate the other day. However i dont street race as its dangerous i had to see what my car had. This guy come up on me which im already doing 85mph. ....Anything slower than 75 and your about to get run over around here....or atleast thats the way it seems..and the speed limit is only 70 on our freeway. Long story short this guy is riding my butt at 85 so i speed up to 90 and hes still there...95 hes still there...no sooner than i get to 95 i seen this titan riding his butt..i decide after i pass the next vechile on the left ill get over so these ****** can go around ...Well no sooner than i was passing the car this guy is switching lane about to run this poor guy in the right lane over, then right where you guessed it behind me. Probably less than 1ft aways behind me at 95. Now i accuse myself of going fast at time but with noone around and i try to keep a total of 3-4 car lengths between me a person infront of me at all times specially at those speeds...Here in florida it seems everyone does 90 less than a foot behind or infront of the next person at times of rush hour.....i hang back for safety and its kinda funny one person god only knows where hits there brakes..and then you see everyone braking hardcore diving for the emergency lanes and median to avoid a collision i see it all to often. Doesnt make any sense to me atleast. Well i get over and the guy goes around me...I jam on it at 110 i pull up even with his car and for some reason i thinkhe was still at full throttle tring to pull away but my car was just right there steady at 110 for about 3-4 secondsand then back down slamming the brakes back down to 85 80....I cant afford anymore points and or tickets for that matter. Good thing i did..4-5miles down the road a state trooper had this guy pulled over on the side of the road...And who says wheres a cop when you need them lol.

I know my car goes well over 110 ive had it at 115 and even then it seemed to have more ***** left. I didnt wanna push my luck then like this guy did. He was really asking for a ticket. I guess he wasnt expecting a camry to pull even like it did.I try to take it easy on "old besty" but every once in a while it just happends. I guess it wasnt any safer but i figured it would get him to slow down. Now i just hope that ticket did. Then agian im guilty too
Anyone ever had a 5.5 gen 4cyl camry with spd auto at topspeed?Im intrested in knowing rather than finding out the hard way

Old 12-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Default RE: 05camry le 4cyl vs ford focus 2dr?

5spd auto at topspeed? oops