General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 XLE Camry worth buying??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Default 07 XLE Camry worth buying??

Hello to all and thanks in advance for your input. Yesterday I test drove an 07 XLE with a V6, the car is in excellent condition and I was really impressed with it's appearance. I am an avid mechanic and have had had countless vehicles but this would be my first Toyota. I understand that all makes an models have certain quirks and usually just a little research and some wrenching can correct these issues. Here's my issue, I test drove the car and absolutely was impressed by the feel and power of the car, it was very tight and responsive and everything seemed like the car is a true gem but...... Once I got on the highway I immediately noticed a steering wheel vibration. Now on any other car I'd immediately think it was any easy wheel balance, tie rod ends, warped rotors, or at worst new tires or CV joints. None of these would be deal breakers to me as the deal would be WAY under blue book value but upon a little research online it seems these cars really have an underlying problem with this and it seems that many people just live with it. I cannot see myself just dealing with it so I'm kinda considering not buying it now. I'd like to get some really honest responses from you guys. I really like the car but I have to make a sound decision and would really appreciate your input...

Last edited by Nyrican; 07-22-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:26 PM

Not much help around here I guess