General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997 le v6 wind noise-TERRIBLE

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:56 AM
Default 1997 le v6 wind noise-TERRIBLE

hey guys, I have a wind noise problem. its pretty dang bad, like really bad. on the highway, all you hear is rooooaaaarrr whhhhhhhooooossssshhhhhhh rrrrrrooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr. it really is a bummer and none of the camrys that my mom has had in the past have had this noise and none of the classic bmws I have have it either so I think its just something with the trim around the wind shield. its especially loud on the passenger side but the only thing I can find is the plastic trim that goes along each side of the windshield has a black plastic piece that is wedged between the glass and the pillar and that black plastic piece seems to have shrunken from the south texas sun beating it down for so many years. its about 5 inches up from the bottom and 3 inches form the top so I feel like that is where the noise is coming from.

but, what I wish to ask, is can someone check their wind shield side strips and see if theirs go all the way along the length of the glass, top to bottom, please? and if anyone knows the name to that part, that would be cool, too.

not having previously been a Toyota forum member, is there a site that shows the exploded view diagrams for the different cars so an owner car research part numbers to order parts properly, like bmw has for their cars? I am looking to hopefully find something like this: BMW Parts Catalog
if not, the proper name would be cool, though.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator