General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Camry V6 has no power at all

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 10:11 PM
Default 2000 Camry V6 has no power at all

Hi all,

Was driving my Camry yesterday and it just suddenly died on me whiles driving. Just got gas and traveled maybe a mile and lights on dash started flicker (abs and check engine )and car just went dead.No power, nothing. Has a brand new battery and alternator that’s like 2 years old. Even tried to jump it and no power at all. When I got up this am I met the hazard lights on and lights on the dash. As soon as I opened the door to try and start everything went dark again. No power nothing and tried again when I came home and nada.

Any ideas what could this possibly be? Is this a common isssue with these cars ? Where should I look first. I checked the terminals and they looked good.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Year of car?

Check battery voltage.

Check battery cables and terminals.

Check the large fuses such as those 50A and larger.
Note the large fuses may be bolted to the fuse box board and need to be unbolted from behind. There should be a window in the fuse to check if blown.

Read the related posts below.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Year of car?

Check battery voltage.

Check battery cables and terminals.

Check the large fuses such as those 50A and larger.
Note the large fuses may be bolted to the fuse box board and need to be unbolted from behind. There should be a window in the fuse to check if blown.

Read the related posts below.
Hi,

The battery is good and terminals are good. The cables form what I see seems good. Do I need to remove the cables entirely ?

how can I tell if the fuses are blown?

Old 10-27-2022, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

If NOTHING works follow the positive battery cable back to a small box. Inside the box is a couple of larger fuses. Check the 100A fuse. The fuse has a plastic window. Get a work light and a magnifying glass and look at the window for a metal wire or metal ribbon. If the is blown this metal object will have a gab in it.

The 100A fuse is called a High Power Fuse and is not like the small amp fuses that are can be removed.

Looks like this but perhaps with a different color.

https://www.autozone.com/electrical-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

The clear plastic window is shown at the top.

The internet has videos on checking for blown fuses.

Make sure voltage is making it to the box from the positive cable.

Makes sure the negative cable has a good connection to chassis ground which may be under the battery. Can jump the negative battery terminal to chassis ground or engine with a jumper cable.