General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Camry LE optional radio with Vacuum Fluorescent Display Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Default 2010 Camry LE optional radio with Vacuum Fluorescent Display Question

Anyone have the upgraded radio that comes as an option with the 2010 Camry LE?
My dealer told me I have to wait until late October to get the Camry LE in the color I want or they have one coming in on a boat next week but it has the the upgraded radio that has a couple of extra features including Vacuum Fluorescent Display. I read somewhere that the Vacuum Fluorescent Display is very bright and annoying at night. I called Toyota regarding this and asked if the brightness could be adjusted and they said no and suggested I ask my dealer if they could make adjustment to radio, which I doubt.
Anyway, I have not seen the radio in the dark and was wondering if this radio light is bothering anyone?
This is the radio as seen on Toyota website.

AM/FM CD player with integrated satellite radio [6], MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, USB port with iPod® [7] connectivity, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® [8] wireless technology, Vacuum Fluorescent Display, six speakers and in-glass antenna

Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 AM

Toyota's main website staff seem clueless to general questions. First I asked them to confirm which oil to use on 2010 Camry and I got 3 different answers. Even local dealer service departments are confused.
Then I called them about the radio above and they told me brightness could be not adjusted. They also told me this model light could be changed to different colors. Not something I care about but I guess the younger crowd would enjoy. Tonight I drove to dealer and checked out the radio. The brightness can be adjusted and the radio light only has one basic color. My Camry is on the boat and due to arrive in Jacksonville tomorrow