General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 camry 4 (cyl. oil pump marks

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Default 97 camry 4 (cyl. oil pump marks

Let me begin by saying that anyone that puts a timing belt on should also change crank seal + oil pump o-ring and seal I overlooked oil pump and now I am back in 1 month later. What I find strange is that my Hayne's manual on the car states that the driven gear of the oil pump should be placed in housing with dot or mark outward but I did not take it out that way. On the shaft driving gear the mark is inward toward engine. I know Joe on this site stated the marks should both be facing same way they were both facing inward before and that is how I am going to reinstall them and not listen to the Hayne's manual. I do not what would happen if you would switch them as it seems there is no difference maybe someone could point out what the difference is. I am waiting for the o-ring + seal from Advance auto for $8. Just wish i would have done it the first time around oh well I guess I'm gonna get some practice on this as i have another one in the family that needs same job. Timing belt,water pump, and for sure seals.

Attached Thumbnails 97 camry 4 (cyl. oil pump marks-camry-oil-pump.jpg  
Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

See private message.