Go Back  Camry Forums - Toyota Camry Forum > General Toyota Camry Forums > General Tech
Reload this Page >

97 Camry: Replace rear window glass under fake convertible (landau) top

General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

97 Camry: Replace rear window glass under fake convertible (landau) top

Old 09-06-2018, 06:24 AM
Default 97 Camry: Replace rear window glass under fake convertible (landau) top

Can anyone tell me how to remove the fake convertible top (landau) to get access to the rear window on a 97 Camry? Window got smashed and we need to put in new glass. We removed the fake chrome at the bottom and a screw on each side, and now the canvas-covered fiberglass shell lifts a couple inches (stopped by trunk lid) but still attached above the window (above rear doors?) and we don't know how to get it off. The fiberglass shell surrounding the window prevents access to the edges (rubber seal) so glass can't be put in. Trying to avoid a body shop as the car is so old and I'm afraid the repair will cost more than the car is worth!