General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help me find a window part!

Old 06-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Default Help me find a window part!

On my '99 camry, the driver's side power window motor was going out. I was able to replace the motor easily enough, but now I have a bigger problem. When attempting to reconnect the glass to the regulator, the rear bushing is half gone, which allows it to move out of place and pop out of the window track.

I found a picture of the part here,

but no mention of an actual name or a part number.

The window regulator doesn't seem to come with this bushing, nor does the window glass, so what are you supposed to do? Does anybody have an exploded parts diagram that might have a part number for this stupid little piece of plastic?

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Is the black rubber piece between the window and metal the bolt goes through?

It doesn't show up in the manual, have you tried the dealer, auto glass installers, NAPA or attempted to make something work?

Old 06-08-2013, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Is the black rubber piece between the window and metal the bolt goes through?

It doesn't show up in the manual, have you tried the dealer, auto glass installers, NAPA or attempted to make something work?
My problem is actually the white clip and the black rubber piece. Parts stores are at a total loss. Glass doesn't come with it. Regulator doesn't come with it. Dealer parts department was closed today by the time I ran into this problem so I haven't been able to check with them yet.

I was able to take the half of the remaining piece, modify it and with some careful work of some really strong duct tape was able to make a workable solution. It's not extremely pretty but it'll work until I can find the right part.

Now my problem seems to be that the rubber door track itself is slightly out of shape so it doesn't close exactly right. I found a nice tutorial for replacing that, but since I don't have it, it'll have to wait as well.